I have received my very first blogging award. This award comes from one of my favorite blogs, Unschooling Momma and Poppy. This makes me feel so happy. It reaffirms to me that people do read my blog and that I am, in fact, making a difference. I want to thank them both, because the blog is run by two people, so thank you Momma and Poppy!
I was asked to answer these 11 questions, so here it goes!
- What was your purpose in starting your blog?I have always loved writing and I wanted a way to get my writing skills to reach more than just my small friend/family circle. I was informed in high school of these things called “blogs” but I never really did any research pertaining to them until after high school. One of the best decisions I have made.
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?I would like to live in Europe. I know it has it’s good and bad, just as every place does, but I went to Europe once and I loved it. But in all reality, that will never happen, I would just like to move out of California.
- What is your favorite time of the day?I would say my favorite time of day is around sunset. I love watching the sun go down and it, usually, makes the sky so beautiful.
- What do you do when you feel like you have writer’s block?When I have writer’s block I either a) give myself a break and work on something else b)pray about it because religion is very important in my life or c) go back and read what I have written so far because sometimes going back and reading helps you remember where you were going with it in the first place.
- Is there any routine or ritual you have before you begin writing?I haven’t really made any rituals or routines before, or after, writing. I am still trying to figure this whole thing out but I am hoping to make a few routines, like reading and commenting on other bloggers posts and researching more on my topic of choice before I begin writing rather than just whenever I need something for said topic.
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?My favorite flavor of ice cream, right now (it changes from time to time), is chocolate chip cookie dough…MMMM
- Do you have any pets?I do not currently have any pets but I want both a cat and a dog and my husband wants a fish tank. I grew up with animals and I miss having pets. I want a black labrador and any kind of cat.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?Thankfully I can be both a nigh owl and a morning person. Since
- What chore do you procrastinate doing?I hate doing dishes so I procrastinate doing them for as long as I can.
- What one thing about yourself do you think makes you unique?One thing that I believe makes me unique is my ability to relate to so many people. In my 23 years of life, I have been through a lot and I can see things differently than others who have not lived through such experiences.
- What was the last thing you watched on tv?I rarely watch TV but we did just finish watching a movie! 17 Miracles is a fantastic movie, look it up when/if you get the chance.
Now, for my nominees!
- That Good Part
- Plant Family Co.
- Parenting And Stuff
- Everyday Surrender
- A Homeschool Mom
- Hubbard’s Cupboard
- Raising 5 Kids with Disabilities and Remaining Sane Blog
- A Tattoo On His Palm
- My So Called Yuppy Life
- Redheaded Owl
- Green Things Growing
To my nominees, I give you the following 11 questions and look forward to reading each one’s answers.
- If you could sit down and talk to anyone, past present or future, for one hour who would it be and why?
- How did you overcome a tough time in life? Would you say that the experience made you stronger?
- What gives you the desire to write a blog?
- What is your favorite downtime activity?
- If you could go back, or forward, in time, where would you go?
- What is something you have always wanted to do?
- If you could pick one profession to have for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Would you do anything in your life over just so you could choose a different path?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- If you could talk to your 16 year old self, what would you say?
- If you were an emotion in somebody’s head, what emotion would you be? Whose head would you be in?
I look forward to reading some great blog posts. Also, please feel free to visit the blogs that I nominated. They are blogs that I follow and I enjoy reading them. Again, thank you.