May 23, 2015 was a day I will never in a million years forget. I know that there are people who are less fortunate and are unable to marry their love for one reason or another but thankfully I was able to. There were some bad moments but it’s to be expected. I would never think that it would go over smoothly and perfectly but I did all I could to make it go as close to perfect as I could. I want to share with you, from my point of view, what I remember going perfect and what I remember/know of turning into a disaster.
- The decorations were beautiful and it all came together
- The weather was beautiful!
- The Bridesmaid’s dresses all matched in color, which I was slightly afraid they wouldn’t
- My dress was such a dream
- My makeup and hair couldn’t have been more beautiful
- Food was wonderful
- The cake was stunning
- People got up and danced!
- We started on time!!
- The live stream failed
- The dinner was late
- We didn’t get to do the memorial dance
- We didn’t get all of the photos we wanted
- Some people trashed out ceremony decorations while we were inside enjoying the reception
- Most, if not all, of my family left early (unavoidable, so I understand, but still lame)
- Some of the sound on the video recording was off
- Over half of the people didn’t come
- Dyed my hair 4 days before the wedding and it wasn’t the color it was supposed to be
There are more things to add to each part but I don’t want to list everything…But I do want to list things that I wish I had done:
- Spent more on a videographer and photographer, I love what we got but we could have gotten more
- Waited a little longer so we could have had more money to spend on more stuff
- Had more time to plan a bridal party dance, we wanted to do a dance to Thriller but we were unable to because of time restraints and conflicting schedules
- Had a timeline, I ran out of time and didn’t make a timeline at al…
- Had a photo booth
- Paid for a wedding planner/day-of coordinator
I could probably think of more things but it is done and over with, the day will never come again. I am happy to be married to my wonderful husband and maybe one day we will do a vow renewal but I know it will be smaller and a lot more planned out than this was. I was very unexperienced with weddings, as the only other wedding in the family was my cousin who is quite a bit older than me and I had nothing to do with the planning because I was only a kid.
If you are planning a wedding, please do your research. Also, feel free to ask me any questions. Here are a few pictures I will share with you from our day.
Thank you to all who were there are supported me in my planning. A big thank you to my Maid of Honor, Michaela, I would have been a wreck without her and my wonderful bridesmaids. I love them!
Also, Here is our “first dance” song: What are Words -The Piano Guys. When we heard this song, we knew it was “the one.” Hope you enjoy it.